Marketing tactics that should come to a end with the decade. PERIOD!
Let's face it…
We all have done some of these awful marketing tactics.
As the decade comes to an end, we reminisce about all the terrible things we have done as marketers. Things that were “trendy” and cool at the time all the way down to things that are just plain ole self serving! We need to stop the these AT ONCE.
But this is how we learn!
We learn from our mistakes!
Some of these are down right hilariously awful and some of these are just…DUMB.
Why are we, as an industry, still doing these things?
From Poking on Facebook, to door knocking on CHRISTMAS DAY…WHY?
Here's a list of most of these awful real estate marketing tactics that we talk about this week, and the Realtor or marketer who “nominated” them
- First, basically everything I did in my first few years! No joke.
- Making happy moments about US and not the client – refer to Episode 103 about bad gifting
- Facebook poking
- Craigslist listings, posted every single day
- Door knocking on Christmas Day (or holidays) to give market analysis! – Karin Carr, Keller Williams, founder of YouTube for agents in Savannah, GA
- Tagging people in posts just because you want them to see it – Bradley Flowers, Co-Host Insurance Guys Podcast
- Mixing another business w/ being an agent – Megan Wendtland, Fairway Independent Mortgage, Puyallup, WA
- Stapling business cards to the candy you hand out at Halloween – Katie Lance, KatieLance.com
- Being a “secret agent” online – Kristen Dee, Realty One, Modesto, CA
- Follow/Unfollow on Instagram and Twitter – Justin Robins in Eden, UT
- Auto-message bots
- Friend request with Instant dm w/ an ask – Chris Holifield, Host of the I Am Salt Lake Podcast. SLC UT
- Friend request with instant PAGE invite – Tanner Helm, Fred Real Estate in Bend, OR
- Twitter follower verifications like TrueTwit – Adweek article said… TrueTwit is a ‘validation service' that sends out an automated direct message anytime somebody follows you, asking them to ‘verify' their account. Here's your wake-up call – nobody credible on Twitter uses TrueTwit. They said this on May 25, 2010
- Posting FB posts to twitter so all it shows is the fb.me link on Twitter
*Member of the Industry Syndicate: Real Estate's Media Network
Visit the Industry Syndicate website for more info
And since so many have asked…
Have a question for me that you want answered on the podcast? Submit a question through the Massive Agent chatbot.
Connect with Dustin Brohm:
Massive Agent Society – Don't reinvent the wheel! Our copy & paste, step by step Facebook Ad and lead gen training, coaching, and support program for real estate agents and loan officers. Only ONE agent/lender per market may join!
Residual Income for Real Estate Agents – Why I recently switched to eXp Realty
Follow me on Social: